Christian Services for the Blind and Hearing Impaired (CSFBHI) was organised in 1973 as a service to the partially and totally blind, as well as for sighted people who are unable to conveniently read normal ink print due to a physical impediment, a stroke for example.
CSFBHI is a member of the Round Table organisation for the Blind.
For the Blind, the service provides a range of audio books with a spiritual-religious content.
For the Deaf and hard of hearing, it sponsors an annual camp for the Deaf, funds captioning of video, and funds signing interpreting services.
All services of CSFBHI are free to the client, funded by personal gifts and donations, and the resources of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Australia–New Zealand. They are not exclusively for church members, however. Services are best accessed by becoming a CSFBHI member — contact us for more information.
To maximise the potential of vision and hearing impaired people to participate fully in society.
- Facilitate the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ in both its helping and saving aspects, to visually handicapped, hard of hearing and Deaf of all ages
- Provide services to enable vision- and hearing-impaired people to overcome the barriers that inhibit independence and participation in society
- Enable vision- and hearing-impaired people to take charge of their lives and to enjoy the same rights and responsibilities as their sighted and hearing peers
- Promote awareness of the unique needs of the vision- and hearing-impaired people to the church and community
- We acknowledge the value, worth and dignity of every individual
- We acknowledge that all people have the right to choose how they will seek personal fulfilment and the environment in which they will do so
- We believe that vision- and hearing-impaired people have the right to a lifestyle comparable to other members of the community
- We deal respectfully, honestly, fairly and courteously with members, donors, volunteers and the public, and value their contribution
- We respect the privacy of individuals and comply with all legal requirements when dealing with personal information
Who cares for CSFBHI?
CSFBHI is a ministry of Adventist Media, part of the South Pacific Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
For more information, to become a member, to make a donation or to assist as a volunteer, contact:
Christian Services for the Blind and Hearing Impaired
Locked Bag 1115
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Ph: 02 9847 2296